**Check out our new website with online questionnaire**
PEDs is Erie's newest on-leash dog walking group.
Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment, free of judgment, in which dogs and their owners can walk together to coming responsible members of society.
All members must complete a questionnaire, which can be found here.
Please contact us through our Facebook page or email us.
1. I agree to one dog per handler. One person may not walk multiple dogs, even if the dogs live together.
2. I agree to no dog greetings. Dogs are not allowed to interact with each other at any time, including before/after the walk and during water breaks. See why, here.
3. I agree to structured distance between dogs. We start each walk with 5 feet of space between each dog. Please respect differing socialization levels and create more space if your dog, or a neighboring dog, seems too excited by the proximity of other dogs.
4. I agree all dogs must be on a 4 foot, or shorter, leash at all times. No retractable leashes are permitted, and dogs should not be unleashed at any time. All collars, prongs, head halters, harnesses, and leashes must be securely fastened to prevent slipping or breakage. See more, here.
5. I agree my dog must be up-to-date on vaccines and appropriately registered with my city of residence. In addition, I agree that if my dog is an un-spayed female, I will refrain from bringing her to the walks during her heat cycle.
6. I understand that this group is about owners helping owners, and is not a professional training group. Therefore, we ask that any professional trainers refrain from advertising through the group. Any trainers wishing to walk with the group are welcome, but are to walk as owners, not trainers.
7. I agree that if I am not following the walk rules I may be asked to leave a walk.
8. I understand that my attendance at a dog walk is not without risk to myself, members of my family, third parties, or to my dog, even when dogs are handled with the greatest of care. Therefore, I waive Pack of Erie Dogs and all other members from all liability and costs arising out of any injury or damage which I, my family, my guest, any third party, or my dog, may suffer. I expressly assume the risk of such injury or damage while attending any walk or other Pack of Erie Dogs activity. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pack of Erie Dogs, it’s members, agents, officers, and representatives from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, and liabilities brought by any party as a result of my involvement in any aspect of Pack of Erie Dogs.
Our Favorite Posts: No Greeting Policy, Conscientious Citizens, Yellow Bandanas, 4-Foot Leashes, No Judgment Zone
Guest Posts: Guest Post: Benefitting from PEDs
Other Walks: First Walk, Off-Leash Dogs, Staying Relaxed, Keeping Locations, Making Progress, Human Benefits, Group Commitment, Challenging Ourselves, Discovering Erie, Seeing Progress, Group Dynamics, Overcoming Fears, Building a Community, Family Affairs, Trying New Things, Getting What You Need, Creating a Dog Culture, Recognizing Triggers, Group Trust, Rising to the Occasion, Sharing Advice, Spreading the Word, 6 Months, Weather Challenges, A Little Motivation, Making Additions, Human-Canine Bond, Weather Issues, Getting Together,Choosing a Location, Enjoying Winter Weather, A Free Resource, On Getting Out, Space and Focus, Active vs. Passive Socialization, Teaming Up with Other Resources, Scenic vs. City Walks, Spring Training, Human Socialization, Getting Started, On Staying Flexible, Importance of Breaks, One Year Anniversary, When Our Walks Don't Workout, Being in a Doggy Parade, Dog Talk, Making Erie Bigger, Sharing Responsibility, Pack Order, My First Walk, Bringing Confidence, Controlled Chaos, No Judgment Zone, Exercise Benefits, 4-Foot Leashes, Walking Buddies, Walking Alone, Staying Warm, Progress, Pack Tshirts, Winter Walk Locations, Attentive Pooches, Staying Chic