Within each binder are dividers for several sections:
- Licenses/Certifications - rabies certification and lifetime City license number
- Adoption Papers - all relative adoption documentation
- Health Records - all relevant documents from vet office
- Training Documents - Certificates of completion for training classes, as well as any relevant handouts
- Avid Microchip - Microchip papers and number
Tesla also has:
- Therapy Dog Documents - all the paperwork we filled out to be certified, certificate, handbook, etc.
- Dog Sitter Documents - service agreements, instructions for care, notes from dog walker
- Miscellaneous - other things I want to keep for reference
Oh, and don't forget the drawings from kids through her therapy dog work (they are just too cute not to keep!)
As Tess's binder has had some time to grow, some of the sections are in need of relocation to their own binders, especially the Dog Sitter Documents, as they pertain to both pooches.
The other thing that lives in the pups' binders is the pre-made LOST posters, just in case. Since they are already made up, there is no wasting time finding a "good" photo if they should get lost.
We have the digital file to insert the lost date and location, or we can just write it in and copy without losing precious time. We used the instructions here to make the posters and would use the other tips there as well.
This is just one step in our "Readiness Kit" - tune in on Wednesday for our First Aid Kits!